Sunday 22 January 2017

Music Diaries: Palki Album Launch



Manomoy Bhattacharya
21st January 2017 saw a new light as singer Manomoy Bhattacharya released his latest album and the first in which he has sung a Ghazal. Palki, as conceptualised by Sunita Sohnee, is partnered by Utkarsh Audio and presented by Blue Morph Records, has 7 heart touching ghazals to its credit.

Manash Bhattacharjee
The music has been arranged by Subhadeep Mazumder and Manash Bhattacharjee while it has been composed by Manash Bhattacharjee, who on this album and on working with Manomoy Bhattacharya says “Working with Manomoy Bhattacharya was really great. It is my 1st Hindi ghazal project. I had worked for many famous singers but working for Manomoy da was really fun. He is a super talented person. Indian classical music is my subject and I believe to achieve success in this field. It was a wonderful experience for me to work as a composer and singer for this project.”

The title track of the album, Palki, in Manomoy’s voice brings about an essence teamed up with Sunita’s lyrics that would touch your heartstrings to another level. Speaking about the lyrics, Sunita Sohnee says “The album is written by me in dedication to someone very special of my life. Every single word that forms these ghazals has touched my soul before turning into words. The feelings that I have written has been beautifully turned into music by Manash Bhattacharya ji and with so much beauty have me, Manomoy ji and Manash ji sung it. I am sure that this album would be loved by people of all generations because this is the sound of the heart.”
Arpan Sen

Present at the album launch was guitarist Arpan Sen, who was nostalgic even and who exclaimed “Being a part of this whole album was great. Manomoy Bhattacharya has been an inspiration throughout. The ghazals are beautiful, along with the lyrics and this album is surely one sparkling star among the others right now.”


Sumit Nandy
 Sumit Nandy, the owner of Blue Morph records who holds the rights to the music album was on top of the sky. Beaming with happiness he says “This would be the first ghazal album that has been released by Blue Morph records. Ghazals have personally been one of my favourite genres and working with Manomoy da and having him on board was great. I would be looking forward to working more with them and seeing the success of Palki.”

Ensuring a lump in the throat are lyrics such as, “Hai aankhein abhi num, sukh jaaye aansu... toh chaltey hai” which elevate the album to a whole new level. So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself the album and do not forget to tell me how was it listening to the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment