Sunday 20 July 2014

Bad Romance by Harshita Srivastava: a review

‘Bad Romance’ this different name will give the readers a reason to think and they will automatically pick this book. The efficiently designed cover will strengthen the urge among the readers to buy this book. The quality of the book leaves a wonderful impression on the readers and they immediately jump to see the blurb to know more about it…

On the back cover - Life is a bitch and I’m one of its victims. I had the perfect life. I was blessed with the perfect boyfriend, a perfect best friend, the perfect set of girlfriends and perfect choice of career. There were some loopholes but then they went beyond my perspective. Overall, I had the kind of life people would ideally like to have but happy times aren’t meant to last forever. Sometimes we feel that we have figured life but that’s something that is never going to happen. You know why? It’s because it has this habit of kicking us right in the middle of ecstasy. No wonder, it did the same with me. This is my story, my story of that exploration within, my feelings, my emotions, my thought process, my priorities, my conflicts and my journey into the temptation of love, lust, lies and betrayals. This is the story of Kritika and a man who gave her life another dimension, Tanishq. This is a story of the complexities of relationships and the trap that a simple idea of sensuality, pleasure and euphoria can put you into. This is a story for everyone who has loved, lost and fought for survival and love, together.

This book is based on true events (part fiction) and any reader can feel that after completing the book. A story of a girl who falls in love with a guy, just to realize that he was not perfect for her and then when she found the perfect partner, life tricked her and left her in her own miseries.

This is the story of a girl named Kritika who had fallen for Vikrant in the very first meeting but soon realizes her mistake and regretted her decision. But keep the relation keeps going in hope of everything falling in place in future. As the story moves on she learns the meaning of love and finds her true love in her best friend Tanishq. Kritika and Tanishq starts to dip themselves inside the essence of true love but Kritika isn’t able to free herself from Vikrant. To know what happened to their love story readers have to finish the book.

The narrating style is good and new. The author has wonderfully portrayed the feeling of a woman by framing perfect words for it. Readers can easily feel every pain and anguish the female protagonist was going through.


Readers might also feel the story line is a bit common. This story can be told in a different way which could’ve made it more interesting. I could spot a few editing errors which were dropping the speed and essence of the book. Over all this is a regular love story with a fresh narrating style and I would like to rate it 3.5 out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely review, Sharanya :)

    ~Stay blessed~

    ReplyDelete